Both parents were prisoners of WWII. My parents originated from Poland. Their names Mieczyslaw Hrymek DOB 14.3.1927 and Jozefa Teresa Krzywonos DOB 1.8.1934. My father taken to Germany and my Mother with her Mother sent to missionary camp Misindi in Uganda. I have no information on my father or any of his family from the day he was born to the day of his capture in 1942. The only information I have is that from on the Arolsen Archives website. I have some information on my Mother and Grandmother. I am wanting to start with their story arriving in Australia, and their life story in Australia. My father arrived by ship on the Skaugum, not sure of the ship my mother arrived on, as refugees they were placed at Bonegilla. I have contacted them but no information available. This story is important to my children and Grandchildren. I am looking to find as much information as possible, am looking for employment history - Companies and start and finish dates. With no information on my Father prior to 1942 I need as much information post 1942. Thankyou in advance for any information and advise as to how I can obtain as much information as possible.
Sorry I have to divide it into 3 parts as I can only post 2 links per post.
(Part 1/3):
Mr. Mieczyslaw Hrymek arrived in Australia on 31.05.1949 per Skaugum, departed for Dept. of Army at Puckapunyal, Victoria on 01.07.1949. (Link: NAA)
There is an advertisement on The Age, 09.10.1951, it reads: Polish couple married 2 1/2 yrs., room with kitchen. Prefer East Melb. or Richmond. M. Hrymek. 11 Francis St. Richmond. (Link: The Age)
Part 2/3:
Mr. and Mrs. Hrymek were naturalized on 19.10.1960, lived at 17 Ocean Street, Ormond, VIC. (Link: Commonwealth Gazette)
Mr. M. Hrymek moved into 17 Ocean Street, Ormond, VIC between 1950 and 1955 and had been residing at that address beyond 1974, according to Sands & Macdougall directories.
Part 3/3:
Mrs. Hrymek passed away on 26.11.2019. (Link: PROV)
Unfortunately I cannot find any information about the job career of your parents.
Here are some tools for family history research, hope that helps
: A Family History Month update – databases, directories, maps & more! | Tim Sherratt
Hi, I have some items that may be of interest to you. I will need to confirm dates but I have the photos and documents of a man who travelled on the same ship and was a cook for two years at the same camp upon arrival to Australia. If you’d like to contact me I will be happy to discuss further.


