Hi guys I am also looking for my fathers ww2 records who also fought overseas. He was born in Greece and many years later after the war ended he migrated to Sydney Australia. Please help me guys as I have joined a few sites including ancestry.com but cannot get anywhere and am going crazzzzzy. Thank you Linda

Views: 270

Comment by Debra on April 26, 2013 at 14:04

Hi Linda,

If your father migrated after the war, shouldn't you be looking for his service records in Greece?

There are immigration records which you can purchase copies of and which may relate to your father.  Just search for his surname.


Comment by Linda tsardakidis on April 29, 2013 at 1:22
Thank you Debra for the info . I always get told different therefore it's hard for me. Tanks for the link.... Talk soon
Comment by Tonia (from NAA) on May 22, 2013 at 20:58

Hi Linda

I apologise for the delay in responding to your posting.  I conducted a search of our online database RecordSearch and found that we do not have a service record for your father.  The National Archives of Australia only holds records for the Australian defence forces.  If your father came to Australia under an assisted migration scheme, or if he obtained Australian citizenship, the National Archives of Australia may have record relating to his selection for migration or his application for naturalisation.  If you would like to follow up on this, you can submit an inquiry online using the online form at http://reftracker.naa.gov.au/reft100.aspx?key=03ImmiRef and one of our reference officers will make a search of the collection on your behalf.

Best of luck in your search


(NAA staff)


You need to be a member of RecordSearch Forum to add comments!

Join RecordSearch Forum

© 2022   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service