Questions and answers (986)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

Looking for Wladyslaw Fryc and his family

Hello, I'm trying to find any information about our relatives that imigrated to Australia in 1950.   Fryc Wladyslaw - born in Poland on 28/…

Started by Anna Fryc

5 Aug 4
Reply by Anna Fryc

Not able to download or read open WW2 file

I am looking at the file for Jack Noel FRASER Item ID 5576093. It is a WW2 record. Says it is available and there is a pdf to download and…

Started by Cathy Hawes

1 Aug 2
Reply by Penelope Robb

Brush Case

During a recent holiday in Tasmania (Lilydale) I purchased a set of Grooming Brushes in very good condition and of high quality. They have…

Started by Vincent John Casey

1 Jul 27
Reply by Don Jim

Record won't download in pdf format

I waited a long time for a service record to be digitised. I can open the URL supplied, but I can't download a copy . I can find nowhere to…

Started by LindaVenn

3 Jul 26
Reply by LindaVenn

rejected enlistment applications

I was hoping to find my grandfather's enlistment application for WWI. He was rejected (due to flat feet, the family story says). Would ther…

Started by Lesley Duncan

0 Jul 26

Arrival date by ship

Hi. New to the forum. I am searching for the date and ship that my father came to Australia on. I need the details in order to complete a…

Started by Marco Paolo

3 Jul 2
Reply by Sylvia

Photographs of SS Galileo 1969

Good morning all, Does anyone have any photographs of the SS Galileo from June to July 1969, this was the period my parents and i emigrated…

Started by Robert Civijovski

2 Jun 5
Reply by Robert Civijovski

I cannot find a record of my arrival in Australia when I know the Ship, the date etc

Why can't I find details of my arrival into Australia, when I even know the name of the ship and the date of my arrival??? dose this mean I…

Started by Samuel Axiak

1 Jun 2
Reply by Brendan Fenton

Change of Name

Hi,  I believe that my grandfather changed his name back in the late 1800's.  Where could I find information regarding changes back in this…

Started by Beverley Cooper

3 May 15
Reply by DorisBay

Coin possible property of serviceman/woman

I have found a 1942 Shilling coin with a hole drilled in it, and the reverse has been ground smooth, then engraved with the following. 1st…

Started by Terri Keys

4 May 14
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

RSS

© 2021   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service