Thanks so much for all you interesting details re the family. Charles Jones is my g.g. grandfather, and I can give you some interesting stuff re him if you don't already know, but you probably do!. Yes , I have been trying to find out when George Thompson died, and of course his birthdate and would love to have it, At present, I am very busy with family matters but hope to get back to more solid searching soon.
"While Jane Elizabeth was born in Warrington, the two younger daughters were in fact born in Tasmania. I found records of their births in the Australian Pioneer Index records. Christina Mary was born in 1827, Eliza Marion in 1832."
I can't find any evidence that they were born or baptised in Tas - do you have a reference number for a baptism? I think the resource you looked at is just an amalgamation of info from various sources (including newspapers cuttings) and is not always correct. If George and Martha were married in London in 1828 and daughter Jane was baptised at Warrington in 1829 then clearly Mary Christina could not have been born in Tas in 1827.
The info that I gave Felicity is:
1. Christina Mary I cannot find an obvious baptism for. When she married in 1841 she said she was 18, so born c1823 and well before her parent's marriage. Even if she was younger, you probably wouldn't be looking any later than 1825, though all of these girls were extremely young when they married.
2. Jane Elizabeth bap. 27 Feb 1829, Warrington, Lancashire. This bap matches Jane's given age when she married and census records.
Married (1) Charles Young 1845 in Tas. Married (2) Hermann Vezin 1863 in London.
3. Christina Ellen born 24 Feb, bap. 21 May 1831 at St Pancras. Buried 25 Nov 1833 at St Giles aged 2 years 8 months.
4. Elizabeth born 4 Apr 1833, bap. 25 March 1835 at Clerkenwell
5. Marian born 4 Apr 1834 bap. 24 Nov 1834 at Islington
George is described variously as a merchant and gentleman.
Got to say you have me puzzled. Certainly our Thomson family tree, brought out to New Zealand in 1863 by my gg-grandparents, only has the three daughters to this couple, and as gg-grandma was George's paternal Aunt I'd assume she would know. Other children born within the tree that were either still-born or died young are recorded.
Likewise, Jane Craig's Will, written 15 September 1864, has the same 3 as grand-daughters, all named in full, these being Jane Elizabeth, wife of Hermann Vezin; Christina Mary, wife of Charles Edward Jones; and Eliza Marion, wife of Medmer Lushington Goodwin.
I'm interested as to where you have your information from
No comments yet!
You need to be a member of RecordSearch Forum to add comments!