Hello - I am trying to help a friend. His father Myftar Hasan has migrated to Australia in 1939. My friend is pretty sure his father was naturalized but unfortunately he does not possess any proof like passport copies, etc. His father's name also appears on the Australian Electoral Rolls, 1903-1980 Census and Voter Lists. Is this an undeniable proof of his naturalization? Can somebody please advise on what my friend should do in order to get what he is looking for? 

Views: 716

Reply to this

Replies to this discussion

I suggest that your friend submit a reference inquiry to our National Reference Service using the online form at http://reftracker.naa.gov.au/reft100.aspx?key=03ImmiRef.  On the form he will have the option to request the type of record he is after (migration selection documents (if his father came to Australia under an assisted passage scheme), naturalisation documents, passenger list or all of these).  Your friend will need to provide as much information as possible, as this will help our reference officers to search the collection on his behalf.



(NAA staff)

Thank you for your helpful reply!


© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service