I am trying to locate a record of naturalization from 1986

I am told all records pre 2001 are in NAA but cannot access


Views: 103

Reply to this

Replies to this discussion

Under the Archives Act 1983, you can only access Commonwealth records that are in the open access period (see http://naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs10.aspx). From 1 January 2014, naturalisation records created in 1986 will enter the open access period. Under the Archives Act, you will then be able to request access to those records, which you could do using the immigration records request form at http://naa.gov.au/collection/using/askquestion/index.aspx. If you are after your own naturalisation records, you can apply for access to your own records under Freedom of Information. You will need to contact the Department of Immigration and Citizenship to do this. They recommend that you contact them first before applying under the FOI Act, see http://www.immi.gov.au/about/foi/access-info.htm. Instructions on how to apply under FoI can be found at http://www.immi.gov.au/about/foi/foi.htm.


© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service