'm looking for my father and my grandfather were in Australia and have worked for many years, I hunt all their dekumentat please where can I find dekumentat

Views: 176

Reply to this

Replies to this discussion

please can you help me, what should I do

Hello Eris

The National Archives of Australia provides access to Australian Government records that are in the open access period (see http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/fact-sheets/fs10.aspx). We are currently releasing documents that were created by the Commonwealth government in 1985 or earlier.

I am not sure what records the Archives may have regarding your father and grandfather. If they came to Australia under an assisted migration scheme, the National Archives may have their migrant selection documents. If they came to Australia and became Australian citizens, the Archives may have their application for naturalisation. If you would like to follow up these leads, I suggest you submit a reference inquiry using the online form http://reftracker.naa.gov.au/reft100.aspx?key=03ImmiRef. You will need to submit a separate inquiry for each person you are interested in. Please provide as much information as you possibly can as it will help our reference officers to search the Archives on your behalf.

(NAA staff)


© 2022   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service