Looking for records from nasho service 1965 - 67 but can't find anything

Hi, I am doing a history for a friend and had hoped to find some details of his service or maybe even some photos.  When he separated from his wife she took all the photo albums and he doesn't have anything from his service days.  I do have his service id card but when using the search facility here can't find anyhting?  He was conscripted in 1965 and served for 2 years in Malaya.  Are there any hints about where I should look to find details?  Previously for my father in law I found him with no problem, are the later records not so well supported? Or is it because he was a nasho?  I don't know if I should list his details here or is that not the done thing?  I have his full name, date of birth, his unit and service number, but nothing comes up in the search.  Any help would be appreciated!

Views: 35

Reply to this

Replies to this discussion

This might help: https://www.defence.gov.au/records/ExService.asp

==> I suspect that your friend will have to apply for his own file currently held by the Defense archives

(“Ex-ADF members can request access to their service records held by Defence Archives by completing the request for service records form”)

Sylvia

Thanks Sylvia, I will suggest he does that.

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service