Hi all

I would like to find out what my maternal Grandfathers medal entitlement is so i can make up a set of replica medals, i have also served in the NZ Army for the last 22 years with tours to Timor and the middle East, his details are as follows:-

Name MUTCH, ALEXANDER WILLIAM
Service Australian Army
Service Number NX25832
Date of Birth 25 Oct 1914
Place of Birth SYDNEY, NSW
Date of Enlistment 17 Jun 1940
Locality on Enlistment BALMORAL, NSW
Place of Enlistment PADDINGTON, NSW
Next of Kin MUTCH, ELIZABETH
Date of Discharge 20 Mar 1943
Rank Private
Posting at Discharge 1 W/SHOP COY A E M E
WW2 Honours and Gallantry None for display
Prisoner of War No

Copyright Commonwealth of Australia 2002.

I have a wartime photo and on the back had his name and Syria on it, other than that i dont know much about him due to the fact of me being adopted.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Craig Rutrherford

Views: 204

Reply to this

Replies to this discussion

Hi Craig

Information about medal entitlements is available from:

Defence Honours and Awards T–1–49, Department of Defence
Canberra ACT 2600

You can also purchase a copy of your grandfather's service record by going to the National Archives of Australia database RecordSearch at http://naa.gov.au/collection/using/search/.  Click on 'Search as a guest', enter your grandfather's service number into the keyword box and click on Search.  You should get the database listing for his service record as the search result.  Please note, this is not the service record - it is just a database entry similar to the title of a book in a library catalogue. To purchase a copy of the record, click on the 'Request copy' link on the top right hand side and follow the prompts through our e-commerce system.

Regards

Tonia

(NAA staff)

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service