I am looking for my Fathers cousin Patrick Kenny he was married to Dorothy.

They left the UK 1st July 1965. It would be fantastic if anyone could help us :) Thanks

Views: 101

Reply to this

Replies to this discussion

Hi Claire,

If your father's cousin came to Australia on an assisted passage, the National Archives may have his (and his wife's) migrant selection documents.  I recommend you submit a reference inquiry using the form at http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/forms/imm-inquiry.aspx

The National Archives may also have a record about himif he became a naturalised Australian, if you think this may be the case, indicate that you would like a the naturalisation record in the reference inquiry form above.  

Please note, the records of the National Archives are publicly available when the reach the open access period as defined by the Archives Act 1983 (we are currently releasing information that was created in 1981 or earlier).  We don't really have any information that might help you to locate your father's cousin's current whereabouts.

If you know the area in which he settled, you may be able to find his current whereabouts on the electoral roll, however, these are not electronically available for searching - you have to go to an Australian Electoral Commission office.  You may need to find a research agent to help you search - maybe a genealogical society may be able to help you with finding someone to investigate the electoral roll on your behalf for a fee. They may also have some ideas of where else you may be able to search, Our local society in Canberra is Heraldry & Genealogy Society of Canberra and their homepage is http://www.hagsoc.org.au/

Alternatively, Debra mentioned on the forum just recently that the Salvation Army or Red Cross may be able to make enquiries for you:



Best of luck searching



(NAA staff)



© 2019   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service