Questions and answers (920)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

Birth Father

Hi, I am trying to research the year my father, Malcolm Cain returned to England with his family?. Malcolm emigrated to Australia in 1967 f…

Started by Nicola Gosse

0 Sep 15, 2013

Halvor Hansen

Halvor Hansen married Elizabeth Trower in 1900 at Swan Hill. He was from Norway. They only had one child (my grandmother) Emma Elizabeth Ha…

Started by Judith Vanessa Marshall (Wynne)

18 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by Judith Vanessa Marshall (Wynne)

City of birth

I am trying to find out where exactly my mother was born. Her name is Anna Nowak (nee Buchwald). She was born in Poland on 25 June, 1927.

Started by Wladyslaw Nowak

1 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by Margaret Hille

Early Canberra Marriage Records

Can anyone tell me where to go to find early Canberra marriages online? NSW online records go back to 1962 but I can't find anything for t…

Started by Elizabeth Howarth

3 Sep 10, 2013
Reply by Debra

finding information about Boar War veteran

I would like help in finding information about my grandfather Edward John Hogan service number 3455 Boar War

Started by Brian Collins

3 Sep 9, 2013
Reply by Sue McKenna

Trying to find dates of our trip to Australia on Georgic

Trying to find dates of our trip to Australia on Georgic in 1949 We landed in Melbourne from what i can find out. I believe it would have b…

Started by alexander macdonald

3 Sep 6, 2013
Reply by Debra

Norman John Smoothy

I have been researching my Smoothy ancestors, and am unable to find any record of my uncle's involvement in WW11.  He is Norman John Smooth…

Started by Diane Susan Mathews

3 Sep 2, 2013
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

HMAS Melbourne crew members 1955-56

I wish to confirm (or not) a crew member of HMAS Melbourne in 1956 by the name of Sid Edwards who claimed to be a mech 1 at that time. The…

Started by Nicole Earle

0 Sep 1, 2013

Edwin Bird - Can anyone help down under please?

I have been researching my grandfather, Samuel Bird who died in 1962 and his family in the UK without any success. I have traced a son of h…

Started by Peter Bird

0 Aug 28, 2013

cementery

hello I search the list of cemetery in Sydney in 2003

Started by duranovic

6 Aug 27, 2013
Reply by duranovic

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service