Questions and answers (920)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

WW1 Records of Lieut. Eric Napier Birks

I am trying to find the service records of my Father. Some years ago I managed to access his medical records but I have not been successful…

Started by Frederick St George Birks

1 Dec 20, 2013
Reply by Debra

Victorian Colonel Forces pre-federation

In 1897 my GrGrandfather visited his (deserted) wife & 3 daughters, in Melbourne.  He was in military uniform.  He'd been told by the p…

Started by Vernette Marie Love

18 Dec 17, 2013
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

I wish to check something I think I saw on my uncle's record in WW1

His no was 4615 name Watkins Robert Harmer I think I read that he sent his 3 medals back as he already has medals.  If he did have medals.…

Started by Janet Duncan

1 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Debra

How to locate a deceased person who was in the Army for a short time

Hi i am wondering if someone can help me with a search for my partners biological father who we believe served in the Army in the 1970's Hi…

Started by nicole patching

1 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Debra

Service Records WW1

How can I find out more about a service record. Trying to trace a John Shaw (born 1865 Scotland) who emigrated to Australia, and I think ma…

Started by Lynn Reid

3 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by Debra

Army Service Record - how to get it digitised

I am trying to help a friend find the Service Record of her relation who died 2 years ago in Darwen. How do I get the record digitised as i…

Started by Joan Ann Powell

1 Nov 30, 2013
Reply by Debra

2nd Anzac Corps - Topographical Section

Hi All, I'm trying to trace a Lieutenant Stuart of the above Unit. I don't have any further info than the above except that he may have be…

Started by Gail Arkins

2 Nov 25, 2013
Reply by Gail Arkins

Naturalisation Records / seeking William Henry Burgess, b NZ 1858

Naturalisation Records - searchable Most people (including NZers) became Naturalised to be eligible for the old age pension, so in around…

Started by Margaret Eder

4 Nov 21, 2013
Reply by Margaret Eder

Certificate of Service

Does anyone know where I can obtain a Certificate of Service for a person who served in World War two and also the CMF on two occasions - 1…

Started by Elizabeth Allen

1 Nov 19, 2013
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

Veterans Affairs

I have just heard that we can get information on veterans' health and repatriation. I do not know how to access the record for Frederick Ja…

Started by Jenny Hibben

4 Nov 16, 2013
Reply by Jenny Hibben

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service