Questions and answers (730)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

searching for family

I  do hope that someone may be able to help me, I've tried many times without any luck. I am trying to find my Uncle Aunt and 5 cousins, s…

Started by David Lloyd

5 Sep 19
Reply by Le Van Bao

Looking for passenger on board JU 7149 in 1971

Hi, This is my first time on this site so not sure how this works but I am looking for my biological mother who was on board JU 7149 MI tr…

Started by Vana

4 Sep 7
Reply by Vana

My family's arrival on FairSky

My family and I arrived (as 'five pound Poms') in Melbourne in October, 1963 on the Sitmar ship, FairSky. As a 6 year old, I came on my par…

Started by Terence Robert Mathew

4 Sep 5
Reply by Terence Robert Mathew

Finding records of family members in migrant hostels

Hi I am looking for records of my husband and his family who were in Rosewater migrant hostel in Adelaide, Graylands migrant hostel in Pert…

Started by Jane Meredith

0 Sep 4

Open with exception?

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with records that are marked 'open with exception' specifically for re…

Started by Marina McDonald

1 Aug 29
Reply by Debra

Finding my Grandfather

HI I am trying to find some record of my grandfather who was a soldier in WW2 and I am not having any luck. Hi name was Hector Arnold Padma…

Started by Jocelyn Harrisson

2 Aug 26
Reply by Sylvia

William Henry Vogt

I have just found out that my 3 x granddad son moved to Queensland His names was William Henry Vogt and he was born in Thrapstone. Age:…

Started by Tracey Handley

2 Aug 26
Reply by Sylvia

John James Williams

I am still trying to find any information on my late Great Great Grandfather Born about 1853 and married Rachel Jane Flood in 1875 NSW. Th…

Started by Dianne m Heinemann

2 Aug 18
Reply by Judy Jerkins

Arrivals from Ireland 1844 - 1878

Hello, I have been tracing my family tree. I have traced it back to Catherine Kingelty from Ireland, Catherine died on the 2/11/1887 in NS…

Started by Penny Spreitzer

9 Aug 17
Reply by Sylvia

HINDS/EGAN

Hi I am trying to find where my Great Great Grandparents were married so I can find out where they were born.  I am aware of 5 children fr…

Started by Erica Colebrook

10 Aug 11
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

RSS

© 2017   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service