Questions and answers (709)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

1913 Passenger Diary on board the SS Otway , London to Melbourne

Hi NAA members, My grand uncle Michael John O'Sullivan wrote a beautiful diary of his 6 week journey to Melbourne on board the SS Otway fro…

Started by Dorothy O'Tuama

1 Aug 4
Reply by Sylvia

How to locate Drawings referred to in WW2 RAAF Technical Orders

Have been looking through RAAF Technical Orders circa 1942, and there are sometimes references to drawings with a prefix 'A'. They would be…

Started by Carolyn franzi

0 Aug 2

National service records

I was called up in 1968, entered in 1969, 1735922, sent to 3TB Singleton, and due to ankle injury, discharged as medically unfit 101 days l…

Started by Pat O'Donnell

0 Aug 1

Anyone know what boat this is - WWII record?

Hello, Could anyone help me work out the name of the boat my grandfather embarked on on the 27 June 1941? I am having trouble understanding…

Started by Penny Spreitzer

11 Jul 26
Reply by Penny Spreitzer

SGT. Barry Pinner

Hey guys, Im chasing a service record and any other information on my Grandad. His name is Barry J Pinner Service no# 16303 who was a Medi…

Started by Cameron Jackson

2 Jul 23
Reply by Cameron Jackson

D force members

Currently trying to find if my father Lt. Cyril James Badger nx51823 who was a POW in Changi, was actually in Thailand. His records state h…

Started by Bronwyn Horder

1 Jul 22
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

Boer War Gunner Oswald Saunders Pitt

Hello all, I am new to this forum and seek your advice on best way to obtain the military record of a Boer War solder. Starting at the en…

Started by Carole May McCulloch

5 Jul 15
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

Seeking early arrivals William Peacock & family

Very first post, so be gentle! ... I am seeking details from manifests etc for the arrival in Australia of ancestors William PEACOCK and f…

Started by John Attwood

6 Jul 15
Reply by John Attwood

Search for entertainer (1960s - 1980s) - Peter McGowan, son of Robert McGowan

Hi, I am looking for any information regarding the whereabouts of Peter McGowan - whether alive or deceased. Hopefully he is alive, he wou…

Started by Kim Clemens

0 Jul 13

Search for entertainer Peter McGowan, son of Robert McGowan

Hi, I am looking for any information regarding the whereabouts of Peter McGowan - whether alive or deceased. Hopefully he is alive, he woul…

Started by Kim Clemens

0 Jul 13

RSS

© 2017   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service