Questions and answers (874)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

Passport records from 1930s

My grandmother left Sydney in March 1931 for England (having married my grandfather, who was British, two days before). I'm not sure if she…

Started by Fiona Jones

4 Jan 17
Reply by Fiona Jones

Naturalisation papers

Hello, I'm searching for Naturalisation papers for two ancestors, first, James Olsen born 1857 Norway and married Ellen Hardidge in Victori…

Started by Kate Georgiou

2 Jan 8
Reply by Michael Edward Hellard

RE Crew member of HMAS "SYDNEY l l" 1941

I am doing some research on PA/V28 Eric William Wyatt (telegraphist) who was on board the above named vessel on the 19/12/1941.            …

Started by Sydney David Ness

0 Jan 3

I need to prove myinternational movements from 1975 until 2018, but it tells me no results found

How do I prove I haven't moved out of Australia in 43 years when the records don't go back that far, I am trying to apply for a return resi…

Started by Lesley Broadley

1 Dec 30, 2019
Reply by Mi Tasol

Searching for my birth father

Hi, I'm searching for my birth father,BRUCE ALFRED SULLIVAN, he was born "BROWN" in 1929, Kingaroy QLD. His mother was Florence Brown, she…

Started by steve altmann

28 Dec 20, 2019
Reply by suakhoahungthinh

Downloading a pdf file

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help with this question. I am wanting to download a pdf file of the service records for my father Edward Ahrens…

Started by Ella Bennett

9 Dec 16, 2019
Reply by Jack Smith

Looking for Colin Murchie details

My brother Colin Murchie was born 24/4/1937 to Dorothy Snow and adopted by James and Maggie Murchie. They lived in South Australia for a fe…

Started by Dianne m Heinemann

7 Dec 14, 2019
Reply by Merlene Ketterman

Edward Kay Green - DOB 29 Aug 30

Hi all, I am looking to find the war record file link for the above named person. He served in Korea in 1952, and his service number was 6…

Started by Gary Lawrence Jones

1 Dec 9, 2019
Reply by Sylvia

I've lost my father

I lost my father in 1913, Ganges V the ship sailed 26 April 1913, arriving in Fiji on 29 May1913.  Could I enquire about my lost parent 

Started by Earle sing

3 Nov 19, 2019
Reply by liamanderson

WILLIAM REID

WILLIAM REID BORN IN LANARKSHIRE SCOTLAND IN 1868/1869 ARRIVED IN AUSTRALIA ON BOARD SOMERSET IN SYDNEY 6/7/1911  AND MOVED TO TOOWOOMBA Q…

Started by SANDRA MACHIN

0 Nov 11, 2019

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service