Questions and answers (920)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

RAAF Record Shows Photo of Different Member

Recently purchased RAAF Record of A21453 Simpson KG. Where Member's Enlistment Photograph should appear there is a hand-written note of the…

Started by Michael Simpson

0 on Wednesday

Looking for lost family

Dear. My grandfather who died long before my birth, had brother who emigrated before Second World War in Australia, his name was Peta…

Started by Dragana Perisic

6 Jul 6
Reply by Sylvia

Looking for my Spanish aunt, I emigrate to Australia

Hi. I just entered the forum. I am looking for an aunt, she emigrated to Australia in 1960. I found her file, I know she married an Italian…

Started by E. Sebastian Mariel

1 Jul 4
Reply by E. Sebastian Mariel

NATIONALISATION AND CITIZENSHIP PAPERS

Hello all, I am wondering how I obtain or find my own Nationalisation and Citizenship Paperwork.  I was born in PNG and so far have not be…

Started by Deborah Frances McNeil

0 Jul 1

George Edward Sokell QX34716; + 73713

George is my wife's great uncle and I have been given his original service records. From previous searches we have learnt that he was menti…

Started by A Lee Regnart

1 Jun 30
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

Diaries from WW2

My brother told me that I could access "diaries" in the archives that will relate to the service of my mother during WW2 in the AWAS. Is th…

Started by Karryn Rogers

1 Jun 30
Reply by Sylvia

Wilhelm Hess Naturalization Records

My Great Grandfather Wilhelm Hess was naturalized on 7 February 1876.  I am unable to find any record on RecordSearch.  Can anyone help? De…

Started by Denis Leslie Hess

1 Jun 26
Reply by Sylvia

WWII digitalised record request

Hope this is the correct place to ask for assistance. Lodged a request for my father's WWII army records. Colin Stewart Pike  The payment w…

Started by Judith Pike

0 Jun 22

Where did my father serve in WW2?

I've just joined and I'm not sure what to expect but I'm hoping to find out where my dad served in New Guinea, if he was always in the 24 B…

Started by Eric Vernon McColough

3 Jun 21
Reply by Elizabeth Allen

Access to on-line viewing of open record

Good Afternoon, Just joined the forum after searching for and locating my wife's uncle's Australian Army WW2 Service Record details -  WIGZ…

Started by Stephen Corbally

0 Jun 21

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service