Questions and answers (898)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

Passenger List for 1939

I can't access the passenger list for my Grandfather, even after putting in correct information. Not sure where to find the passenger list…

Started by Christine Hosken

4 yesterday
Reply by Margaret Kable Walker

New Guinea birth records

Looking for a pointer in the right direction, please. Is there anywhere in Australia that would hold birth records of children born in New…

Started by Angela McIntyre

3 on Friday
Reply by sylvie Rogers

McIntyre b. 1840 County Cavan, Ireland / married 1862 St. Kilda, Victoria

IIn StHello! i’ve been Trying to locate my gg grandparents and have searched on Ancestry, MyHeritage, Family Search, roots Ireland and n…

Started by Jill Hilts

2 on Friday
Reply by sylvie Rogers

Can anyone advise the name of the first races held with a ski town at Thredbo in 1957?

I could then add it to the story. It would be in the Ski Year Book of 1958 or in the Canberra or Sydney daily papers in late July/August

Started by Christopher Soren Shann Turnbull

1 on Tuesday
Reply by Christopher Soren Shann Turnbull

grandfather search

looking for my grandfather, Emmerson Alderson Smith, born 1914 England. We believe  he came to Australia in 1957, he was a seaman and we th…

Started by Linda

2 May 21
Reply by Linda

Grandfather search

Looking for my grandfather, Emmerson Alderson Smith, born in England 1914, he was a seaman but apparently jumped ship sometime in1950. Not…

Started by Linda

1 May 18
Reply by Sylvia

Looking to trace a Mr John Edward Hewett born 1949

Hi I'm looking to trace a Mr John Edward hewett born 1949 in England UK 

Started by Sharon Underwood-Hewett

3 May 16
Reply by Natasha Willmett

additional War Medals

My grandmother S/Nurse Gay, J  WW1 was award the following medals 1914/5 Star,   British War Medal 65940 and Victory Medal  63536.   We…

Started by Ann Jeanette Conning

0 May 14

Patton where to look

I'm trying to find out what happened to Samuel Patton DOB 24/11/1893 in N. Ireland. I believe he disembarked in Fremantle on 3/7/1913 from…

Started by Cheryl Patton

0 May 12

WW2

Hello, my Father as a British soldier served his war years in Australia. I have often wondered why British forces would have been sent and…

Started by Tessa Kirk

1 May 11
Reply by Sylvia

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service