Questions and answers (922)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

Can anyone advise the name of the first races held with a ski town at Thredbo in 1957?

I could then add it to the story. It would be in the Ski Year Book of 1958 or in the Canberra or Sydney daily papers in late July/August

Started by Christopher Soren Shann Turnbull

1 May 26
Reply by Christopher Soren Shann Turnbull

grandfather search

looking for my grandfather, Emmerson Alderson Smith, born 1914 England. We believe  he came to Australia in 1957, he was a seaman and we th…

Started by Linda

2 May 21
Reply by Linda

Grandfather search

Looking for my grandfather, Emmerson Alderson Smith, born in England 1914, he was a seaman but apparently jumped ship sometime in1950. Not…

Started by Linda

1 May 18
Reply by Sylvia

Looking to trace a Mr John Edward Hewett born 1949

Hi I'm looking to trace a Mr John Edward hewett born 1949 in England UK 

Started by Sharon Underwood-Hewett

3 May 16
Reply by Natasha Willmett

Patton where to look

I'm trying to find out what happened to Samuel Patton DOB 24/11/1893 in N. Ireland. I believe he disembarked in Fremantle on 3/7/1913 from…

Started by Cheryl Patton

0 May 12

WW2

Hello, my Father as a British soldier served his war years in Australia. I have often wondered why British forces would have been sent and…

Started by Tessa Kirk

1 May 11
Reply by Sylvia

Trying to identify Private W Davenport 449489, A Coy, 7th Bn N.W.M.B

Hi, i am trying to find the family of W Davenport, starting by locating his service information. Years ago at a garage sale i purchased a a…

Started by Anthony s cox

2 May 11
Reply by Sylvia

war records

I am trying to find records of my uncle Leslie Henry Walters, I have his series no and recrd no., but cannot find anything regarding his ti…

Started by Barbara White

1 May 8
Reply by Brendan Fenton

How can I get a letter of Proof from Aus Archives???? PLEASE HELP

Hi all,  I am in desperate need of help and don't know who to contact regarding this and seem to be going round in circles, I have contacte…

Started by Teyanna G

1 May 8
Reply by Brendan Fenton

Cnt find flight arrivals 1978

Hi, I am looking for details of my arrival to Australia in 1978 to perth airport, most likely Qantas.  This Archive doesnt seem to have any…

Started by Colin Duncan

1 May 8
Reply by Brendan Fenton

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service