Questions and answers (925)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

BATTLE?

I am trying to find out if my uncle served out of Australia. I have all information but that.

Started by Carol Heffernan

1 Jun 11
Reply by Brendan Fenton

additional War Medals

My grandmother S/Nurse Gay, J  WW1 was award the following medals 1914/5 Star,   British War Medal 65940 and Victory Medal  63536.   We…

Started by Ann Jeanette Conning

1 Jun 11
Reply by Brendan Fenton

Finding my father - help

Daniel William Linklater - born 24/12/1971 Mother - Samantha Strecker (formally Dickinson) Father - Bryan Linklater Daniel, served in the…

Started by Kyal

3 Jun 7
Reply by Torrin Nelson

FISHER, Arthur Ernest - WWII Service Record

Hi I'm a newbie I want to know when this person enlisted, when he was discharged and whether he was in the CMF or the regular army. Record…

Started by Paul Grant

4 Jun 5
Reply by Bright Assignment

BATTLE? WW2

Colin James Walker VEX 821132 born Finley 4/4/1921  Does anyone know if he served outside Australia. 

Started by Carol Heffernan

2 Jun 4
Reply by Carol Heffernan

Rex Case Walker

My late father was a Warrant Officer in the RAAF, service number, EX8882 and served in New Guinea in Beauford bombers. He enlisted on 7th F…

Started by Stanley Paul Walker

1 Jun 3
Reply by Sylvia

Physical records of my father

Hi I have been trying on and off for years to find some artifacts of my father who died when I was 4. All I have is a death certificate and…

Started by Bill Lloyd

2 Jun 3
Reply by Bill Lloyd

Please help Grandfather Jack Wicks dob 14 Aug 1920 surprisingly found in Aus records Series B884 N445446

My grandfather was a Merchant Seaman in the UK. Born High Wycombe. Next of Kin James Wicks He married in early 1942 and then went to sea i…

Started by Timothy Andrews

2 Jun 3
Reply by Timothy Andrews

William Howlett WW1

Hello to all. I have just joined this forum and hoping for help. I am researching my family history and I have fingers crossed for this que…

Started by Ivor Norman

6 Jun 2
Reply by An Spencer

Passenger List for 1939

I can't access the passenger list for my Grandfather, even after putting in correct information. Not sure where to find the passenger list…

Started by Christine Hosken

4 May 30
Reply by Margaret Kable Walker

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service