Questions and answers (920)

Discussions Replies Latest activity

Physical records of my father

Hi I have been trying on and off for years to find some artifacts of my father who died when I was 4. All I have is a death certificate and…

Started by Bill Lloyd

2 Jun 3
Reply by Bill Lloyd

Please help Grandfather Jack Wicks dob 14 Aug 1920 surprisingly found in Aus records Series B884 N445446

My grandfather was a Merchant Seaman in the UK. Born High Wycombe. Next of Kin James Wicks He married in early 1942 and then went to sea i…

Started by Timothy Andrews

2 Jun 3
Reply by Timothy Andrews

William Howlett WW1

Hello to all. I have just joined this forum and hoping for help. I am researching my family history and I have fingers crossed for this que…

Started by Ivor Norman

6 Jun 2
Reply by An Spencer

Mareeba Air Field 1942-1944

I am looking for people who were at Mareeba Air Field between 1942-1944. Plus photographs from that region in that period. Plus stories fro…

Started by Christopher

0 Jun 2

Passenger List for 1939

I can't access the passenger list for my Grandfather, even after putting in correct information. Not sure where to find the passenger list…

Started by Christine Hosken

4 May 30
Reply by Margaret Kable Walker

McIntyres and the Mcphillips

Hi I am researching these families in Cavan..James McIntyre married Anne Mcphillips 1830s? and the story was she was from a wealthy family.…

Started by sylvie Rogers

0 May 29

New Guinea birth records

Looking for a pointer in the right direction, please. Is there anywhere in Australia that would hold birth records of children born in New…

Started by Angela McIntyre

3 May 29
Reply by sylvie Rogers

McIntyre b. 1840 County Cavan, Ireland / married 1862 St. Kilda, Victoria

IIn StHello! i’ve been Trying to locate my gg grandparents and have searched on Ancestry, MyHeritage, Family Search, roots Ireland and n…

Started by Jill Hilts

2 May 29
Reply by sylvie Rogers

Can anyone advise the name of the first races held with a ski town at Thredbo in 1957?

I could then add it to the story. It would be in the Ski Year Book of 1958 or in the Canberra or Sydney daily papers in late July/August

Started by Christopher Soren Shann Turnbull

1 May 26
Reply by Christopher Soren Shann Turnbull

grandfather search

looking for my grandfather, Emmerson Alderson Smith, born 1914 England. We believe  he came to Australia in 1957, he was a seaman and we th…

Started by Linda

2 May 21
Reply by Linda

RSS

© 2020   Created by National Archives of Australia.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an issue  |  Terms of Service